Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving. A time to give thanks

Thanksgiving. Gratitude. Thankfulness. Gratefulness. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the holidays, we often do not take time to sit back, think about all God has blessed us with, and give thanks for those things. Thankfulness. Gratefulness. These are the things that should characterize our lives as Christians. Thanksgiving. Gratitude. What are you thankful for? Here is a list of a few things that I am thankful for:

Challenges.

Being challenged in my faith during this period of waiting.

Friends.

Close friends I can talk to and confide in.

Heath.

Not presently being sick, no having any other physical aliments.

A job.

A job with flexible hours, fringe benefits, and health/dental/eye insurance.

A place to live.

A place to live that is close to work, Meijers (practically in my back yard!), and Church.

Food.

A fridge and cupboards stocked with food.

Water.

Clean, running, drinkable water.

Cloths.

Clean cloths and access to a washer and dryer.

Family.

Family who loves me and is looking out for what's best for me.

Laughter

Friends to laugh with and share jokes with (hurray for inside jokes!).

Modesty.

Women who know the temptations men face and dress modestly to prevent that temptation.

Church.

A place of fellowship, encouragement, worship and nourishment in the word.

Sunsets.

Declaring the beauty of God's creation, and marking the end of a day filled with God's blessings.

Prayer.

People who pray for me, and the ability to come into the presence of a holy God and offer up my praises, and requests.

Justification.

That Jesus Christ, the son of God, would die on a cross in payment for my sins, and by whose blood I am cleansed of all unrighteousness, allowing me to stand holy and blameless in the presence of almighty God.

God's love.

That crazy, unending, unconditional, unwavering, always-ever-present love in spite of all my sin and rebellion.

That love that lifts me up when I am weak.

That love which is the only true source of joy, satisfaction, and fulfillment in life.

Thanksgiving. Gratitude. Thankfulness. Gratefulness. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment